COME HEAR SUE DUNCAN’S TALK ON WILDFIRE PREVENTION LEARN HOW TO INCREASE YOUR HOUSE’S CHANCE OF SURVIVAL
Saturday, February 20, 2021
10:00 a.m. Zoom Check-in
10:30 a.m. Talk
AAUW WCC member Sue Duncan is a retired RN who grew up in El Cerrito. In September 2018 she co-founded with her husband Make El Cerrito Fire Safe. The mission of Make El Cerrito Fire Safe is to keep El Cerrito fire safe by advocating for and working toward the reduction of the fuel load on public and private property, to create clearly marked and passable evacuation routes and to educate the public about and to motivate them to fire harden their structures and create defensible space around their homes. Almost half of El Cerrito geographically and all of Kensington is designated as a Very High Fire Hazard Severity Zone, VHFHSZ, by Cal Fire.
All are welcome. To receive the Zoom invitation, send an email to email@example.com. The meeting host will open the Zoom meeting at 10:00 a.m. so attendees can check-in before Sue Duncan begins her talk at 10:30 a.m.
Gloria Merrill, Program Co-Chair
AAUW West Contra Costa Branch
AAUW West Contra Costa Branch in Northern California represents communities from Berkeley to Richmond and beyond. It is a dynamic group of intellectually curious women with a common interest. We have been working to break through barriers for women and girls since 1949. We are celebrating our 70th year, and we are not finished!
Our Mission — AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research.
Our Promise — By joining AAUW, you will be part of a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers to give women and girls a fair chance.
Our members gain:
- Friendships with educated women of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- In addition to monthly general meetings, access to interests groups including book club, bridge, global events, and lunch bunch.
- Intellectual development at monthly meetings through education on current issues that impact women and girls.
As a branch we support:
- Scholarships that send at least eight seventh grade girls each summer to Tech Trek, a science and math camp at Sonoma State University.
- A $1,500 scholarship to advance the education of one talented female student from Contra Costa College in honor of Mary Ellen Bales.
Join the fight to advance equity for women and girls and make new friends along the way. Become a member today.