March 21 Meeting has been cancelled because of the Coronavirus and concerns about the health and safety of our members and guests.
AAUW West Contra Costa Branch in Northern California represents communities from Berkeley to Richmond and beyond. It is a dynamic group of intellectually curious women with a common interest. We have been working to break through barriers for women and girls since 1949. We are celebrating our 70th year, and we are not finished!
Our Mission — AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research.
Our Promise — By joining AAUW, you will be part of a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers to give women and girls a fair chance.
Our members gain:
- Friendships with educated women of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- In addition to monthly general meetings, access to interests groups including book club, bridge, global events, and lunch bunch.
- Intellectual development at monthly meetings through education on current issues that impact women and girls.
As a branch we support:
- Scholarships that send at least eight seventh grade girls each summer to Tech Trek, a science and math camp at Sonoma State University.
- A $1,500 scholarship to advance the education of one talented female student from Contra Costa College in honor of Mary Ellen Bales.
Join the fight to advance equity for women and girls and make new friends along the way. Become a member today.